April 11 – 2010
John 20 (Doubting Thomas)
Jesus listens to my questions
Prepared by: Teresa Klassen
Ten Little Ideas of things to do
- In any order – just pick which things seem to work on Sunday.
You may do just a couple of things, or maybe you will do them all!
1. Free time
2. DVD of Jesus and Thomas
Play the DVD about “Doubting Thomas” – I used this one and added the actual voices to the DVD. I can’t publish that because it isn’t original to me; so you will have to come up with your own creative solution. Here is the video if you would like to show it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhj8cnk1_OM&feature=related
3. Story Time (with flashcards) (I can’t post the images since they are not original to us, but if you google “Thomas” or “Thomas coloring page” you will find some usable images)
Jesus died on the cross. That was sad.
Jesus came alive again! That was very happy.
Thomas was Jesus’ friend.
He heard that Jesus was alive, but hadn’t seen him yet.
He had a question – was Jesus really alive?
Jesus came to Thomas and now Thomas could see Him.
Jesus said, believe in me!
4. I can ask Jesus questions!
Teacher: we will have simple flashcards showing a child asking a question and then another one with an answer…the activity goes as follows
Teacher says: we can ask Jesus questions
Q: “Jesus, who made the earth?”
A: “God made the earth and everything on it.”
Q: “Jesus, who made me?”
A: “God made you and loves you very, very much”
Q: “Jesus, are you always with me?”
A: “Yes, I am always with you. No matter where you are.”
Q: “Are you with me when I sleep?”
A: “Yes, I am with you when you sleep”
Q: “Are you with me in the car?”
A: “Yes, I am with you in the car”
Q: “Do you still love me when I am naughty?”
A: “Yes, I still love you and I will forgive you.”
Q: “Jesus, where are you right now?”
A: “I am with you?”
Q: “Do you live in my heart?”
A: “I will live in your heart if you ask me to”
“Jesus, thank you that you listen to my questions!”
5. Simple craft
The same picture of the child in activity above (number 4) asks, “Does Jesus hear my questions”…this is glued on the outside of a door, and when you open the little door it says, “Yes He does!”
6. Bible memory: We are memorizing Proverbs 3:5
- Hold up one hand and say: “let’s pretend this is God’s hand”
- Hold up your other hand and say: “and this is your hand”
- Put your two hands together and say: “when I put my hand in God’s hand, that is trust”
Now do the Bible verse with that action starting you off:
- Trust (two hands together like a handshake)
- In Jesus (point up)
- With all (arms out wide)
- Your heart (put your two hands over your heart)
8. Coloring Page of Jesus and Thomas
9. Song (from a worship with actions cd)
Teachers, I am asking that at the end of every lesson you have all the children sit quietly while you pray over them. You do not have to use these words below…but they are from the bible and you could certainly add them to whatever you pray. Let us not miss the opportunity to impart a spiritual blessing on each child.
“I pray this blessing over each one of you.
Each of you is precious in God’s sight.
God sees you every minute of every day and he loves you.
I pray that you will come to know and love Jesus with all your heart for all your days.
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.
Since our building is used for many different things, we need to make sure we clean up after ourselves. You can definitely have the kids help you do this near the end of the morning!!
- Please use the BAG provided to put all the left-over items into it, and then you can leave your bag in the classroom.
- Please pick up all the garbage and put it in the trash
- If there are chairs or stools, please fold or stack them and put them away
- Please turn the heat down (applicable for youth room and Gazebo) to 10 degrees
- Please make sure any TVs/DVDs/Projectors are powered off
- Please make sure all toys are put away
Thank you so very much!