||Elisha & Naaman (1 Kings)||7 dips in the Jordan River|
Prepared by: Teresa Klassen
8 Little Ideas of things to do
- In any order – just pick which things seem to work on Sunday.
You may do just a couple of things, or maybe you will do them all!
- Free time – take the time to get to know the children.
- DVD of Elisha and Naamann ( 3 mins)
*Search YouTube for ideas
- Story Time – Retell the story using the book/Bible provided.
- Naaman had spots Talk about how in the story, Naaman was sick and had spots! On the black poster on the wall, have the children dip a cotton ball in flour and put spots on Naaman.
- Bible memory:
This will probably be to complicated for them to remember all the words, but just go over it with them so they can memorize the actions! We will be doing this every week until the 20th.
Glory Raise hands just so they are ear height and wiggle your fingers
To God Now move hands higher so they are just above head height with both index fingers pointing up to God
In the highest Now raise hands as high as they go, palms up towards God, eyes looking up to the sky
And on earth Look forward again, and put fingers together to form a circle (an earth)
Peace! Both hands forward making the peace signSimple Craft
6. Naaman Craft
Paper strips that say “Naaman obeyed God and was healed
Scotch Tape (to tape the paper onto the cup
Person cutout (one side happy, one side sad)
- Have the children color their cup blue, this represents the Jordan river
- Help them tape the paper onto the rim of the cup that says “Naaman obeyed God and was healed”
- Have them put a happy face on one side of Naaman (this is Naaman when he is healed)
- Have them put a sad face on the other side of Naaman
- Have them put spots on the sad side of Naaman
- Have them glue the popsicle stick to Naaman
- Demonstrate how they can tell the story of Naaman and dip Naaman in the Jordan 7 times, and then turn the stick to show how the spots disappeared and he was well!
Pray: God, you love EVERYBODY. You love ME, you love EACH CHILD here and EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. Thank you for your great love. Help me to share your love with others!
8. Coloring Pages A picture of Naaman