|Jan 31 — 2010||Preschool
Jesus heals the man who couldn’t walk
|Praying for our friends|
Prepared by: Teresa Klassen
10 Little Things
- These can be done in any order…
- You might not get through all 10 things….
- Engage the children as much as you are able to (we gear the lessons for 3 year olds…so younger ones might just be ready to “listen in”)
1. Free Time
2. Read the story of Jesus healing the paralyzed man
– white bible – page 326-330
3. Re-Tell the story by acting it out.
Jesus was in a house and it was very, very crowded (all the kids crowd together)
The friends climbed the stairs to the roof (act out climbing stairs)
They tied a rope to a little bed (act out tying the rope)
And lowered the bed through the roof (act out lowering the bed)
Now their friend could see Jesus! (put your hand over your eyes as if looking out)
The friend could not walk (sit down on the floor)
But Jesus healed the man and then he could walk (Jump up)
And he was so happy that his friends brought him to Jesus! (have the kids shake hands with each other)
4. Show the DVD story of Jesus healing the paralytic
from Read and Share Bible series
5. Carrying a friend
– let’s see if we can carry a friend to Jesus. Using a bath towel, put a doll or stuffed animal on the matt and have the children take a corner (if you have lots of kids, just take turns with this) and carry the “sick patient” around them room (they can follow you) with you saying, “let’s take our friend to Jesus.” And end at the picture of Jesus where you can lay the towel down.
6. I can pray to Jesus for my friends!
Act this out with the children:
When my friend is sad (sad face)….I can pray to Jesus for her (hands folded in prayer)
When my friend is sick (rub your tummy)…I can pray to Jesus for him! (hands folded in prayer)
When my friend is worried (hands on cheeks, say “oh no”)…I can pray to Jesus for him! (hands folded in prayer)
7. Memory Verse Hop
– this is week one of learning a little bit of John 14:6
“Jesus is the truth”
Just hop one hop for each word…and have them say the word with you. Go across the room like this.
8. Coloring Page
from the story (find a good coloring page off the internet)
“I pray this blessing over each one of you.
Each of you is precious in God’s sight.
God sees you every minute of every day and he loves you.
I pray that you will come to know and love Jesus with all your heart for all your days.
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.
Since our building is used for many different things, we need to make sure we clean up after ourselves. You can definitely have the kids help you do this near the end of the morning!!
- Please use the BAG provided to put all the left-over items into it, and then you can leave your bag in the classroom.
- Please pick up all the garbage and put it in the trash
- If there are chairs or stools, please fold or stack them and put them away
- Please turn the heat down (applicable for youth room and Gazebo) to 10 degrees
- Please make sure any TVs/DVDs/Projectors are powered off
- Please make sure all toys are put away
Thank you so very much!