|Jan 17 — 2010||Preschool
Part Two: Become fishers of men
|We want to introduce Jesus to other people.|
Prepared by: Teresa Klassen
10 Little Things
- These can be done in any order…
- You might not get through all 10 things….
- Engage the children as much as you are able to (we gear the lessons for 3 year olds…so younger ones might just be ready to “listen in”)
1. Free Time
2. Jesus knows everyone by name. What is your name?
Part One: Stand in a circle and the teacher says, “My name is ________…Jesus loves me!”
Then have each child introduce themselves in the same way (eg. “My name is River…Jesus loves me”). If they can’t quite get that, then just get them to say their name and then repeat their name and say, “Your name is ______and Jesus loves you!”
Part Two: If the children seem like they could do this, then keep them standing in a circle and say, “I am going to play some music (fishers of men) and we are going to pass this fish around. When the music stops, stop passing the fish around!
Teacher: when the music stops, then each child needs to say the name of the person holding the fish. In this way, we will help them get to know the importance of knowing people’s names (the bigger idea is that we want to know people, just like Jesus wanted to know people).
3. Tell the story
Read the story “Fishers of Men” to the children from the Beginners Bible (page 316-319)
Conclusion: Jesus wanted the fishermen to know that people are more important than fish!
At some point in the morning, a few teenagers will come into the room to use facepaints to draw a fish on the back of the hand of the children…whoever would like one (they will do this when worship starts in Big Church)
5. Little Craft
On the paper with Jesus and the children on it…use the cutouts of children and ask the little ones, what is the name of one of your friends? Have them paste a boy or girl on the page (as many as they want, depending on the names of friends they can remember) and write them name of their friend on the page, and keep repeating the line, “Jesus loves your friends.”
6. Fish Memory Verse
– this is the third week of learning a portion of John 3:16 “God loves the world” – this week I will have a poster with fishing lines and hooks. The fishing lines and hooks will be color coded. The verse itself will be written on colored fish that match the hooks. Have the children paste the fish under the right hook. And as they do, just keep repeating the words of the verse “God….loves….the world!”
7. Snack – Fishy Crackers
8. DVD –
Play the DVD and have the kids sing along “I will make you fishers of men”
9. Decorate the fish –
we will have some fish on the wall and lots of little bits of colored paper. Put glue all over the fish and let the children put the bits of paper on the fish!
“I pray this blessing over each one of you.
Each of you is precious in God’s sight.
God sees you every minute of every day and he loves you.
I pray that you will come to know and love Jesus with all your heart for all your days.
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.
Since our building is used for many different things, we need to make sure we clean up after ourselves. You can definitely have the kids help you do this near the end of the morning!!
- Please use the BAG provided to put all the left-over items into it, and then you can leave your bag in the classroom.
- Please pick up all the garbage and put it in the trash
- If there are chairs or stools, please fold or stack them and put them away
- Please turn the heat down (applicable for youth room and Gazebo) to 10 degrees
- Please make sure any TVs/DVDs/Projectors are powered off
- Please make sure all toys are put away
Thank you so very much!