|Jan 10 — 2010||Preschool
Part One: Spending the Day with Jesus
|Spending the day with Jesus|
Prepared by: Teresa Klassen
10 little ideas
1. Free time, sit with the children and get to know them and let them get to know you J
2. Read about spending the day with Jesus from the First-Step Bible, page 254-261: “A Day With Jesus”
3. Game: Ask the children this question: What are things we do every day at home? And then act these simple things out…
- I sleep in my bed
- I wake up
- I brush my teeth
- I pray to Jesus
- I eat my food
- I play with my toys
- (others you can think of…)
4. Application: Ask the children this question: What can we do every day for Jesus?
Then use the pictures we have provided and have the children glue them on the poster with Jesus…explain each picture as follows…
“I can be helpful for Jesus”
“I can be kind for Jesus”
“I can listen to Jesus”
“I can talk to Jesus”
5. Play the song DVD “Helping Hands”
7. Craft: Have the children take a little boy figure or little girl figure and help them color it to look like themselves (same color of clothing, same color of hair…) then paste it on the page that says “I love being with Jesus”
8. Bible Verse: Show the flashcards and have the children repeat the words back to you (from John 3:16. This is week 2 with the verse)
9. Song DVD – God is so Good (you can play this a few times if you want, even while they are playing)
“I pray this blessing over each one of you.
Each of you is precious in God’s sight.
God sees you every minute of every day and he loves you.
I pray that you will come to know and love Jesus with all your heart for all your days.
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.